Re: Stubborn throttle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stubborn throttle
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:53:01 +0100
On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, at around 19:44:23 local time, Greg Schuett
<tr4boy@starstream.net> wrote:
>Listers, some assistance please...
>
>My 64 TR-4 had developed an odd habit that I'm trying to break.  The effort to
>initially open the throttle becomes harder as I drive it.  When I first start
>out, everything is normal, but within 30-45 minutes, the smooth transition
>from idle to acceleration is gone replaced by an almost on-off switch effect.
>Very annoying, especially in in-town traffic...thoughts on what I might
>check?

Sounds to me as though the inner cable has started to split, and bits of
broken wire are catching on the sheath.   I've had this happen with
Spitfire cables.   As they aren't terribly expensive, it might be
simplest just to buy and fit a new cable.

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671