Re: Stubborn throttle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stubborn throttle
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:15:50 -0400
On 14 Oct 2002 at 8:53, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
> Sounds to me as though the inner cable has started to split,
> and bits of broken wire are catching on the sheath.   I've
> had this happen with Spitfire cables.

I've had it happen too.  I would urge you to replace the cable
immediately lest it stick one day in a throttle-open position.  It's
a sickening feeling to release the throttle and depress the clutch
pedal and hear the engine rev up rather than down.  When it happened
to me I was able to drive home by modulating the rpms with the
ignition key!
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com