Re: what's it for?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what's it for?
From: Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:21:33 -0600
AL et all

The hole in question was only used for jacking purposes on the TR4 but is
found on all roll up window TR's as they share a common floor pressing. The
chassis change with the advent of the TR4A made the hole redundant, except
as a drain for tropical storms, on the 4A through TR6. The irs (and solid
axle 4A's) used an "under the frame" jack. The TR4 used an "through the hole
and in the socket" jack.