New Spit in My Garage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Spit in My Garage
From: dwillner@icontech.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:07:49 -0400 (EDT)
Just purchased a 1980 Spitfire (mfg Dec 1979)(USA, non-CA) for my wife and have
a few "novice" questions about a few parts I need and some repair advice.

- Speedo cable is the "long" one piece version that goes directly from the
gauge to the gearbox, right, or do I have the 2 piece?

- Temperature gauge is not reading, not sure of other remedies other than the
gauge, maybe wires?

- The left rear wheel has the "typical" slight tilt inward at the top, not too
bad, this is due to the "tired" leaf spring? Complex?, afternoon project?

- Is there a source for touch up paint other than the local auto body shop

- Can't locate the "semi-circular" "Unleaded Fuel Only" decal below the filler
cap.

- The chrome windshield surround has gaps up top and below that appear to be
around 3" wide, the manuals indicate these parts to be 1", am I missing
something?

Thanks for the help

Dave Willner
59 TR3 Apple Green