RE: Rough idle problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rough idle problem
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 07:51:22 -0400
Geof: Color tune is a spark plug with a glass window so you can see the
gasoline burn.  You want a pretty blue burn, other colors mean mixture
errors.

Mickey: Is the timing advancing when you accelerate? Are the vacuum modules
holding a vacuum? (Suck on the hoses)  Does the dizzy need some lube on the
weights? How about the bypass valves on the carbs, did you put new
diaphragms in there when you worked on the carbs? Temp compensator stuck
open or closed?  When was the last time you replaced the dizzy cap and
rotor?

Just some food for thought.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK