Re: engine bay and valve cover opinions

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: engine bay and valve cover opinions
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 02:00:13 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark Hooper wrote:

> So the question: What is this "triumphtune"? Is it some sort of old official
> aftermarket thingy? I must admit if it only had "Triumph" on the cover I
> might favour it ut of the gate, but I am afraid that to my ignorant eyes it
> would look about the same as putting "engine by Matel" on the motor.

Slightly better reputation than "engine by Mattel." <smile> SAH was,
about three decades ago, one of the oldest and most respected producers
of aftermarket Triumph speed parts in England. They were a family
business for a while, sold out and became TriumphTune, and then the
later owners sold to Moss Europe, keeping the TriumphTune name. Some of
the quality has dropped, but not all. At any rate, no one is going to
laugh at you for having the TriumphTune name on the valve cover. Like
you, many people in this country don't know who they are. I only know a
little of the story because I bought some 40DCOE manifolds for my
earlier TR4 from SAH in 1976 and was curious, a few years ago, what had
become of them.

Cheers, Mark.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....