Re: Silicone Brake Fluid

To: vafred@erols.com ("Fred Thomas"), Triumphs@autox.team.net ("Triumphs")
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake Fluid
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:04:28 -0400
I wrote:

>> I probably shouldn't admit to how long the same Castrol GT/LMA fluid has
>been in the hydraulics of my "Hardly Boys RaceSpit 4" autocrosser. Suffice
>it to say that a card-carrying actor was in the Oval Office at the time.

Fred responded:

>I still believe in the slogan "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix't", I can recall
>so many times (past & present) "creating" problems on my cars, glad you
>topped my "in service" date  Andy.

Folks, PLEASE understand that I do NOT advocate such a long interval between
brake fluid changes, regardless of your preference. ;-) But (and I hope this is
obvious, given the nature of the car's use) on the increasingly rare occasions
when I get the car out to use, I do make sure brakes -- and everything else --
function as they should.

BTW, it was about the middle of RR's FIRST term (1983), although I had to add a
little bit of fluid when I upgraded the brake master cylinder to a GT6 unit
(didn't have to bleed the system, though)!

--Andy Mace