RE: TR3 Ignition/switch electric problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 Ignition/switch electric problem
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:12:40 -0700
> My experience with the '3a, in putting her back together is the
> center dash
> is just screaming for a "quik-connect"!  Something that would
> allow me if I
> need to ( 3 times already :-) ),  to remove the center dash
> easier?  I guess
> the water temp tube would prevent this from being really practical.  Oh
> well, just a thought....

I actually did this, years ago, on a previous TR3A (which is still sitting
in Dad's barn <g>).  I felt in retrospect it wasn't worth the effort.  You
can actually do an amazing amount with the dash still in place, laying on
your back in the passenger's seat ...

BTW, the line to the oil gage is also a major problem, especially if you
start the engine with it disconnected ...

And, FWIW, the early TR4 temp gage looks an awful lot like the TR3A gage,
but is electrical ... no capillary tube to break !

Randall