Re: Sadistic so-and-so's

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sadistic so-and-so's
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:54:54 +0100
Hi Folks
When I did the trailing arm bushes on my 2.5PI (with Superflex
polyurethane), I put all the shims back and then checked the alignment with
Dunlop optical equipment, (Borrowed from a friend) the type with the eye
piece and mirror to read the scale. I found that the angles were way out, I
set the toe in right.  The equipment also has 4 wheel alignment brackets, so
I used these to align the rear wheels to the sills (rockers) of the car,
evening  the angle on each side of the car. Then re test the toe to ensure
that moving shims around hadn't changed it. Along with the bushes this made
such a difference to the handling of the car, it was incredible. It went
from handling like a bucket full of water to nimble and precise nearing the
response of a sports car!

Graham.