Re: Sadistic so-and-so's

To: Tom White <tom.white@sgsi.com>
Subject: Re: Sadistic so-and-so's
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:11:00 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tom,

I was told the position of the trailing arm bolts was a safety feature and it
was recommended that I put my bolts back the they came from the factory.  Should
the nut come off the trailing arm bolt, the frame prevents to bolt from falling
out, keeping the trailing arm on the car.

The second time I replaced the trailing arm bushings, I put the bolts back the
"proper" way, such that they can't fall out.  I'd say it added only about 30
minutes to undo/redo the brackets.  This also gives you the opportunity to
better examine this important section of the frame.  If you keep the shims
together with the correct brackets, your alignment shouldn't be a problem.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6
73 GT6