Re: Sadistic so-and-so's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sadistic so-and-so's
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:15:31 -0700
Tom White wrote:
>I don't know if it was a british engineer, some mechanic or the DPO, but
>I'm really mad at somebody.  I'm mad at the person who put in the bolt
>on the inner bracket of the trailing arm on the rear suspension of my 4A
>IRS.  They must be sadistic because they decided to thread the bolt from
>the end which nearly abutts (sp?) the frame.  As a result, removing the
>trailing arm to replace the two bushings is not possible.  Instead, one
>must unbolt the whole bracket from the frame, upsetting the shims & rear
>camber, etc.  Would it have been so hard to just put the bolt in from
>the other side, where it could just be drawn out and the arm easily
>removed? Grrr!  Has anyone else shared this joy?  Is there some good
>reason for threading the bolt from the difficult side?

Who's calling who 'sadistic'? After all, you're the one who bought a Triumph!!

Come to think of it, a couple of years back I think I found the same
thing on my TR6 when I rebuilt the IRS. Not sure, but it sounds
familiar. I have no idea why the factory would do it, but I wouldn't
be surprised if it's a factory thing!

Have fun!
--
Pete Chadwell