Re: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:35:00 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Phil - They are temperature sensitive as is the Voltage Stabilizer. If
you had a constant voltage entering the gauges however, the gauges that rely
on it would only react to the voltage being sent through by the sending unit
and not flucuations caused by the VS. More importantly, when a VS burns out
with the bimetal arm in the closed position it can fry your gauges. A solid
state unit would probably elliminate the possibility.

After much searching through the Allied Electronics catalog I think I've
found something that will work. Gonna try it on my friend's TVR. Will let
everyone know how it works out.

~Mike Brooks
Living dangerously with someone else's Lucas electrics.