Re: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer

To: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:12:48 -0500
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 1:09 AM
Subject: Electronic Voltage Stabilizer

> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone found a good, solid state, voltage stabilizer that works well
> with our Lucas electrical systems? I have the dashboard of my friend's TVR
> 2500M opened up for a VS replacement and some general housekeeping and
while
> I'm in there I'd like to upgrade from the old fashioned "heated bimetal
arm"
> style.

Might be counter-productive.  The way I heard it, the voltage-stabilizer is
temperature-sensitive, and so are the gauges.  Fixing the VS to be
temperature-stable might actually be a step backwards.

Can anyone confirm?

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org