Need to reinforce snaps for top -- suggestions?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need to reinforce snaps for top -- suggestions?
From: Greg Hendrix <gahendrix@att.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 23:14:36 -0400
All,

I'm redoing the interior of my '80 Spit and want to figure out a way to
tighten up the loose snaps. A couple are riveted (they're also loose)
and some are simply screwed in. It would seem that there's a way to
place a reinforcement behind the surface in the lip to make resecuring
the snaps a "snap."

Before I go reinventing the wheel, has anyone come up with a magical fix
for this problem? Did you rivet them in place, or use bolts or screws?

Thanks in advance,

Greg Hendrix
Downingtown, PA