Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:57:20 EDT
Cc: levilevi@attbi.com, pethier@isd.net
Oops...it sounds like somebody really dislikes being contradicted!!!

Sorry, by the time I saw the message I didn't see your name.  But the
"anonymity" part refers more broadly to the faceless nature of the internet.
I may know your name, and I may even know what car(s) you have.  But since
you're sitting at a computer reading and responding to this message via
cyberspace, I wouldn't know you from the next guy if I ran into you on the
street.  And that anonymity makes you feel much more secure in responding in
a more abrasive manner than you otherwise would if you were standing in front
of me where guilt, shame, common courtesy, or even the fear that I might pop
you one would prevent you from being too rude.

As for my name...since I tend to be a kind of informal person anyway, I
usually just sign my first name on most things.  I figure anybody that wants
to know my last name can simply look at the e-mail address the message came
from.  It's probably pretty obvious to most that the "Cohen" after the "Stu"
would be my last name.  It's as easy as putting 2 and 2 together.

Stuart (for those of you with poor math skills) Cohen
(and just for good measure)
Arlington, VA (hi Fred and all you other Washingtonians)
1980 Pageant Blue Spitfire (which will be at this weekend's Original British
Car Day in Maryland...if it doesn't rain...should anyone choose to breach
that anonymity and say "hi" in person)