Re: TR3A suspension mystery noise

To: RayAntoky@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A suspension mystery noise
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:55:00 -0700
I have a TR2(same suspension) and went mad trying to track down a problem in
the front end . After changing everything I could I had it all apart one day
(springs out)I noticed that I could shake the lower A arm.When it was
together there was no clue to looseness. I removed the lower inside nylon
bushings ( they even looked new-installed by the DPPO) and ordered a new set
from Moss--the new ones were EXACT duplicates of the ones I removed--the
inside diameter was off by quite a bit-over a sixteeth of an inch. I
resolved the misfit (Moss did not have a clue to the wrong size issue) by
getting the bushings (Nylatron) from British Frame and Engine. That solved
it. I couldn't check it with out taking the springs off the suspension.
Happy sleuthing- Mike -TR2 in LA--go Lakers