Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania

To: levilevi <levilevi@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: 1979 Spitfire for sale in Pennsylvania
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:08:11 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, levilevi wrote:

> This is obviously just my opinion but I think four emails to this list about
> you selling your Spitfire is enough.  We understand already!!!

Well, never having done it before I wasn't sure about simple things like
pricing.  After over 250 people had visited the site with the pictures and
not receiving even a single comment, I thought maybe I could at lest
provoke people to tell me why there was not interest.  Considering how many
messages we have had about trucks towing boats off cliffs and B&W TV shows,
I would have thought something more on topic would receive a little more
consideration and not upset anyone.  I guess I was wrong.

> As if selling a Triumph so you can buy an MGB isn't insulting enough, trying
> to badger Triumph list people into helping you accomplish this is.

Last time I looked they were both made by the same company, had the same
history and heritage and were all great cars (especially when compared
to the garbage being made today.)  I have enjoyed my Spitfire very much
in the 4 years I have had it.  But I have a number of reasons why the
MGB is better for me.  Of course, I would rather a TR6, but I don't
have the opportunity to get one of those.

I thought selling the car to someone who would appreciate was a good idea.
I guess I was wrong about that too.  Looks like it will sell better on Ebay
or some used car lot.

I won't post again.

bill

--