RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]

To: "'Randall Young'" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hot restart???? [TR3a]
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:49:56 -0400
Hi Listers

In further thinking about this, I am wondering if, the generator was not
putting out enough energy to recharge the battery that after a long drive I
may be running partially off the battery and with stopping not having enough
to restart.  Once she completely cools of the battery has some more charge
due to normal sitting??  Just a thought?

The amp gauge was seemed to be charging low, around +5 amps.  Turned on the
headlights and after a while they did seem to be running a little "orange"
not the full brightness I would expect from "Tripods".

If this seems like a probable cause/direction of investigation, where do I
start looking/testing.

Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L

p.s. On a real upnote the '3 now has 60 miles on her and other than the
little bugs she is running and reacting great.