Re: TR3a engine popping at idle and cold starts

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a engine popping at idle and cold starts
From: "dwillner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:37:52 -0400
David,

I've always had a rather slow start when cold, even after pumping the fuel
pump lever. I just replaced the pump this Spring and it doesn't have the
priming lever and I still have that problem. So I don't think it's a matter
of priming, the bowls seem to stay full for quite awhile. And similar to
your experience I also can start immediately when warm / semi-warm /
luke-warm with no hesitation at all. Over night in the winter, even in a
heated garage, may take a minute of two to fire up and then  at least 5- 10
minutes to warm up where it is drivable. I just live with that... BTW...mine
pops nicely too at idle

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
70 BSA 441 Victor Special