Re: Way too much flow thru front carb

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Way too much flow thru front carb
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 00:41:53 +0100
Hi Hugh
I wouldn't put too much store in the Gunsons Carbbalancer unless they have
improved on the version I had! I spent ages trying to balance the carbs,
moving from front to rear to front etc. Then I tricked it, I took it off the
front carb and put it straight back, guess what? Yep you guessed it,
different readings from the same carb, with no noticeable change in rpm!
Threw the bloody junk as far as it would go and went back to listening to
the his on the pipe, no more problems. One day I am going to get a real flow
meter, then I will be able to check my work.
I guess if you are getting reasonably consistent results you may have the
one which works!

Graham.