overheating- skirted thermostat?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: overheating- skirted thermostat?
From: "Scott Bloomer" <flaedersaft@cfaith.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 06:49:24 -0000
My TR4A is running well but loses about a quart to a half-gallon of coolant
through the pressure cap when I have run it for 20 minutes. I read TW's
website remarks about skirted thermostats solving this problem in a TR3 motor-
anyone have any ideas if it's suitable for a TR4A? I have a new radiator core
and new Moss summer thermostat in it.

BTW, the temp guage runs cool, never show hot even when I am blowing coolant.
I figure this may be related to the gas guage which reads less than half even
when full, because they are on the same circuit.

Any ideas?
Scott TR4A