Re: overheating- skirted thermostat?

To: "Scott Bloomer" <flaedersaft@cfaith.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overheating- skirted thermostat?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 09:11:07 -0700 66b09b543096ccb182245fe82e65dca16be61e350badd9bab72f9c350badd9bab72f9c
My guess - If you're sure the coolant is coming out of the cap, and if
you're sure that the engine isn't overheating - you have the wrong cap, or a
bad one. The springs can lose their tension and the gaskets can wear so they
don't last forever.  I don't know about the 4A, but the 3A has an uncommon
cap that isn't generally available other than from a Triumph supplier so its
also possible someone put the wrong cap on.

Also, the 4A should have a recovery bottle. If that's installed and you are
still losing that much coolant through the cap, get a new cap.

Personnaly, I don't see how the skirted thermostat effects this problem, but
that's just me.

Bob