RE: One Black Plug

To: "'TR250Driver@aol.com'" <TR250Driver@aol.com>, "mike@gsta.net" <mike@gsta.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One Black Plug
From: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:00:14 -0700
Hi Folks,

I'm currently running Champion L87Y's, because that's what's been in there
since I got the car in 1970. Moss also sent these in their tune-up kit.
They foul up a little more than I care for. The book calls for Lodge plugs,
but I don't think they exist anymore.

Are the Bosch Platinum's better? How? And, what is the Bosch PN?

Thanks!
John in San Diego
'67 TR4A

On Sunday, May 26, 2002 2:49 PM, TR250Driver@aol.com
[SMTP:TR250Driver@aol.com] wrote:
> In a message dated 5/26/2002 4:41:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mike@gsta.net
> writes:
>

> > Are you sure it was carbon? It sounds like a classic case of
oil-fouling to
> > me.
> >
> > ~Mike Brooks
> >

> Mike,
> I am hoping it was carbon.  It didn't look wet at all, dry & black.  I
have
> never seen a Bosch Platin look like this since they usually run clean.
You