Re: One Black Plug

To: ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One Black Plug
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:56:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2002 9:04:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:

> Bad plug, wire, dizzy cap, valve adjustment, valve, lifter, pushrod,
> camshaft ...

Randall,
Thanks for your thoughts.  This motor has a history, since it was rebuilt, of
singing valves that are very difficult to adjust.  I swear I would adjust
them to best of my ability, drive it 100 miles, then go back in and find them
all out again.  Everything is in good shape accept the valve springs which
are the originals.  At one time I was convinced that the camshaft was at
fault for this problem, possibly floating in the bearings. It may be much
more than a bad plug.
Darrell