Re: Some TR3 questions

To: datesmanaric@netscape.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some TR3 questions
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:59:42 EDT
In a message dated 05/08/2002 2:28:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
datesmanaric@netscape.net writes:

> Replacing plug wires- Got a new set from one of the Big 3 and the new wires
> aren't the same.  Old ones (which I do not know to be proper) have soft
> rubber boots that have only a slight bend to them.  New ones are hard
> plastic and 90 degree.  Also, the new wire to the coil has a push on plug.
> The old one is screw on (as is the coil, which I also do not know to be
> proper.  Silver case and reddish top with a female threaded hole for the
> wire to the dizzy).  Any thoughts as to which is right?  The box that came
> from the supplier was labelled for TR2/3, but....

I had the hard plastic 90 degree "replica" plugs purchased from TRF installed
for the past year or so ... until this weekend when suddenly one of the plugs
went south at the plug end ... put me on the side of the road ... and then
scrounging in the next gas station junk yard for a fix ... with a bright red
wire from a Cavalier.  So today I replaced all the plug wires with some good
high quality copper core wires from the local performance shop, for $23.00,
(bright yeller too) and that's for 8 wires and a coil wire and with the eight
wires and the length, there is probably enough there for three replacements,
even though these are "lifetime warranty", whether this is my lifetime, the
"3" or the wires I don't know.

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)