Re: Broken crankshafts

To: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Broken crankshafts
From: "Edward Woods" <fogbro1@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 22:40:51 -0400
Mike and all,

My '3's crank broke late one Sunday night just north of Folkston, Georgia.
'hiked back to base and returned for the car three days later. It was still
there. That was 1965. Wonder if a car like that would wait 3 days in 2002?

Have a crank downstairs that I had intended to use on my current rebuild.
Shop found a crack when it was magnafluxed. Same place, No. 4. Believe it's
a design flaw or perhaps an application error since it was not designed to
run at high rpm's in it's original application.

Maybe time for the TR racers to jump in on this subject.

Ed Woods