TR6 - overdrive wannabe

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - overdrive wannabe
From: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov (Richard R Olson)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:06:01 -0400

     Tired of listening to my car trying to keep up with the traffic on
     the NJ Turnpike at 80 MPH @ 3500 RPM, I spent last month looking
     for an A-type O/D to put into my currently non-O/D 1972 TR6.
     Didn't have any luck, the one or two sources I found wanted a core
     - I no gots...

     So, if I expand my search to include the J-type, and am lucky
     enough to find one, does anyone care to comment on the mechanical
     mods necessary to put that type in a '72?

     Is it, as I suspect,  just the rear mount point, or are we talkin'
     more than that.  I have a '73 parts car; could that help as far a
     donating something?  I haven't looked at the '73 rear mount in many
     years.

     Thanks,
     Rick
     '72 TR6