Spurious messages

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spurious messages
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:11:57 EDT
Anyone else having a problem with e-mails that have various files attached to
them?  For about a week now I have been getting e-mails from various
addresses (unknown to me but appearing to be valid addresses).  These e-mails
each have an infected file attached.  The files all have different
names/extensions.

Below is what the e-mail message looks like.  Of course I don't download the
attached files anymore.  The first few times my server downloaded them (I had
it set to automatically do that) Norton Anti virus picked them up as
infected.  Now I must screen the e-mail messages and manually download them.
A bit of a pain.  TIA for comments.

Art Kelly

The text of email messages is the same no matter what the return address is;

Quote;
Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

Unquote