Re: Rocker Panel Replacement mk1

To: Rich <rhendrik@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker Panel Replacement mk1
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:46:16 -0700
Cc: spitfire1 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rich wrote:

> I'm in the process of replacing my rockers and wondering if anyone has info on
> the door retainer seal track mine need to be replaced

I faced the same thing when I restored Huxley.  Unfortunately, because the
track was eliminated in later production, there is not much of a demand for
that piece.  ANd therefore, I could not find replacement ones.

The solution I came up with is to eliminate the track as Triumph did in later
cars and use the furflex trim that includes a door seal.

It makes for a cleaner look as well.

Joe