Re: replacement headlights

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: replacement headlights
From: "Don Spence" <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:08:55 -0600
I learned my highway driving etiquette in Germany on and off the autobahn.
German society is quite regulated, which has it's good and bad points. The
best of which is that drivers are predictable. They stop at stop signs. They
yield at yield signs. They allow signalling buses to re-enter the flow from
a bus stop. And... they move right as soon as possible when a faster vehicle
approaches from the rear with it's left signal on or flashing it's
headlights. The left lane is truly only for passing. Once when driving in
Montana, behind one of those rubber necking lane hogs I had the audacity to
flash my lights in an attempt to pass. No deal. As luck would have it I had
to stop for gas at he same point he chose to pull off 40 miles later. He
less than politely told me if I flashed those ____ing lights at him again
he'd shoot them than me.

Ah civilization!