RE: Shipping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shipping
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:15:37 -0700
jlfoster@adams.net wrote :

> How Does the Postal Service Pay Its Bills?
> By Chris Suellentrop
> Posted Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 3:28 p.m. PT

http://slate.msn.com/Code/explainer/explainer.asp?Show=7/19/2001&idMessage=8
012

which contains :

>> USPS does receive indirect subsidies from tax revenues, ... <<

Ah yes, another fine example of government double speak.  It's not really a
subsidy, see, because it doesn't come from Congress, it just comes from our
tax dollars.  And as all members of Congress know, there's an inexhaustible
supply of _those_ ...

Reminds me a lot of the "tax simplification" bill, that wouldn't fit on a
ream of double-sided paper ... or the budget that was "balanced" by not
counting a whole bunch of money that was being spent.

If any person or private business ran their bookkeeping the way our
government does, they'd be in jail !

Randall