TR3 Rack & Pinion Setup + DZUS Toilet Seat Fittings

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Rack & Pinion Setup + DZUS Toilet Seat Fittings
From: "Brewer, Bill" <bbrewer@LEHIGHCEMENT.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:48:05 -0400
     I read Bob Schallers "More B.S. About Triumphs" about how to set up a
TR3 with a rack and pinion. I was wondering: Is it possible to upgrade to a
later TR4 steering column with steering wheel, horn and turn signals? Has
anyone done it?
     While I am at it, the toilet seat Dzus fittings on a TR3 spare tire
lid, are they hinged on top or on the bottom? I saw Jerry Goulet's TR-3 in
Vancouver (at Abottsford) and we have ours opposite and I would like to know
which is right.
     TIA

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA