15 year stopped GT6

To: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Subject: 15 year stopped GT6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:36:00 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rave Racer"
>        Question:  I had a problem with my brake Master Cylinder.  It went
dead.  I was wondering if I'm supposed to fill both chambers of the
reservoir
or just the front one.  If I got brake fluid in the rear one would it go
dead?
If the MC was working would there be something else that would make it act
like this?  After I took it out to see if I could get it fixed or replaced
it
seemed to work again when I squeezed it to drain it.  Does that make sense
or
should it still be able to make pressure enough to mislead me into thinking
it's ok?
<

Yes, you do fill both reservoirs.  I'll bet the thing could be overhauled.
It is probably gummed up from sitting so long.  Get a rebuild kit and give
it a go.  When you take it apart check the bore for rust pitting.  If it
pitted too badly it will never work right (unless you get it resleaved and
that's about $200 US).

Good luck

Dave