15 year stopped GT6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 15 year stopped GT6
From: "Rave Racer" <Ravewar@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:47:27 -0400
        Hello again.

            I know it's been awhile since I asked the list for help, and it's
not because I became the formost authority on TR's.  I was laid off for quite
some time and finally have money to put into my ambitions instead of just
trying to survive.  Now I need the infinite wisdom of "THE LIST" to solve an
ongoing problem.

        Question:  I had a problem with my brake Master Cylinder.  It went
dead.  I was wondering if I'm supposed to fill both chambers of the reservoir
or just the front one.  If I got brake fluid in the rear one would it go dead?
If the MC was working would there be something else that would make it act
like this?  After I took it out to see if I could get it fixed or replaced it
seemed to work again when I squeezed it to drain it.  Does that make sense or
should it still be able to make pressure enough to mislead me into thinking
it's ok?

        Allright, if it's broken, can anyone tell me somewhere to get a new
one, a suitable other replacement, or rebuild this one for less then $500 Can
(Approx $300 USD)?  That seems to be the going rate for a brand new one from
Leyland UK, imported.  I've been searching for over two months now.  Close to
Toronto would be cool, but if it has to go somewhere far for rebuild, that's
ok.

       Rave Racer
 89 Jetta GTX 1.8 16V (Frankenstein) http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
 87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan