Lift

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lift
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:48:13 -0400
Had a chance today to use a friends lift which he has at his house.  I wanted
to do a "go over" on the bottom side of the car.  I've never had the
opportunity to work on the car from this prospective before. How nice, he said
the lift cost him about $2700 dollars. I'll be heading to the Roadster Factory
in a few weeks and I felt more comfortable knowing everything had a good "go
over. I've never driven my car this distance before.  Here's what I found:
missing cotter pins on several castellated nuts on the front end, exhaust
clamp loose, which was just mentioned on the list yesterday.     Re-adjusted
the push rod at the clutch slave cylinder. Having just changed gearboxes.
Found two fluid lines touching the frame where rubber grommets should have
been.  Cleaned and tightened ground strap. Verified tightness on all other
visible nuts.  That lift could spoil me...

ronnie