RE: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!!

To: <philip.smith25@verizon.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!!
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:46:37 -0400
>===== Original Message From <philip.smith25@verizon.net> =====
>
>My TR6 drives very nicely, except when I drive this very scenic drive.
>Very winding, curvy, but clackady, clackady. Very time the car goes
>clakady, the steering wheel will jerk in my hands. Will a front
>anti-sway bar fix the stirring wheel problem? Is this why you go the
>anti-sway bar route? I'm not familiar with them at all. Hope this makes
>sense?

Phil,

I had not experienced the jolts being transmitted up the steering wheel effect
before or after the front suspension rebuild.  I always assume a lot of "road
feedback" on the TR4 from the great rack and pinion steering setup... but
nothing in the "jerk out of my hand" category.

I installed the anti-roll (anti-sway) bar precisely to deal with excessive
body roll that was making the car hard to drive at speed on curvy roads and
corners.  When pushing the car the body roll was affecting my ability to "hang
on" and be a good driver.  I was considering 3-point seat belts to give my
body a better position during cornering.

The ADDCO kit has exceeded all my expectations.  I wonder now whether I should
have sprung for the extra bucks for Moss's "original" ant-roll kit.  I did not
like drilling those holes in the front supports.  Although I assume the
original style anti-roll bar must require some drilling.

Anybody have experience with the Moss product?

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn