RE: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!!

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: RE: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!!
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:22:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Phil,

The kit is the ADDCO #130 witch is the same called out on the ADDCO website
for TR3-4.  There are parts included that I didn't use... 2 big backing plates
and two long alternate bolts that must be for TR3 bumper supports.  It has
little or no instructions and mine came with the wrong sheet for a TR6. I had
to call TRF tech support and they faxed me the right one

TRF only sells the rubber bushed version.  ADDCO has a version with urethane
bushes and they have part numbers for the bushes separately.  But I came to
the conclusion that ADDCO does not sell direct.

The rubber bushes seem fine for now.  I have so much improvement I'm as happy
as a clam.  I "perceive" that the rubber bushes make the anti-roll effect more
gradual and easier to manage. I already have urethane bushes in the suspension
and shocks and could feel the firmness right away.

BTW,  I may be dreaming it... but I think there has been a improvement in the
KA-BAAM factor.  That's what happens when a TR4 suspension hits a medium to
large size bump of certain characteristics.  Many times I was bracing for
KA-BAAM and it just did not happen.  The anti-roll bar seems to have dampered
the suspension a bit.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site