Re: Stripped threads in trailing arms

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stripped threads in trailing arms
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:08:15 +0100
Hi John
I did a very successful repair on my 2000 Saloon (Sedan), I drilled the
holes out to 3/8" UNF from 5/16" UNF and used spare studs I had, (from the
exhaust manifold on the 1300, 1500 I think, but could have been from just
about anywhere on a Triumph!). There is lots of metal round the holes so
strength is not compromised, you do need to drill the backplates and hubs to
suit, I have spares of both bits so can return it to original should I find
replacement trailing arms, I don't think I would worry about that now! I
also rebuild my own hubs so there are no worries about exchange surcharges.
This has been tested real hard as I autox the car on occasions, when the
meets don't clash with shows!

Hope this helps,
Graham.