Re: insulation

To: Kinderlehrer <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: insulation
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:44:03 -0600
Cc: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Fred asked about carpet insulation and Bob (Kinderlehrer) wrote:

> ... I am trimming the pieces to
> fit the carpet up to the bindings, then I tape the bindings (masking tape)
> and spray the back of the carpet and the insulation.  Since the directions
> say silver to the heat, I am gluing the felt to the underside of the carpet.
> I suppose you could make a case for doing the floor the other way, but I
> wanted it to be consistent....

Bob, I noticed this morning that the mechanic's assistant did just this, the
tunnel is covered aluminum-down, and the floors aluminum-up. I doubt that
this was done from experience, more likely distraction. <g>

> I thought that the advice from Steven Newell made sense; glue nothing to the
> floor.  If it gets wet, you want to be able to pull it out to dry.  Plus, I
> have an access to the transmission dipstick under the carpet I need to be
> able to access on a regular basis.

Yeah. I'll add that my carpet (either original or at least pretty old) hasn't
held
up well to the snaps I re-installed. Next time I'll just use velcro.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO