Re: insulation

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: insulation
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 14:03:04 -0700
Fred,

Funny you should ask, I just came up from the garage where I was glueing the
JC Whitney insulation to the carpet.  From all the responses and ideas from
the list, this one made the most sense to me.  I am trimming the pieces to
fit the carpet up to the bindings, then I tape the bindings (masking tape)
and spray the back of the carpet and the insulation.  Since the directions
say silver to the heat, I am gluing the felt to the underside of the carpet.
I suppose you could make a case for doing the floor the other way, but I
wanted it to be consistent. There are no snaps or hooks on the carpet, so I
am planning on using Velcro on the vertical pieces and the pieces that go
over the transmission tunnel.

I thought that the advice from Steven Newell made sense; glue nothing to the
floor.  If it gets wet, you want to be able to pull it out to dry.  Plus, I
have an access to the transmission dipstick under the carpet I need to be
able to access on a regular basis.

Bob