Re: insulation

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: insulation
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:53:32 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Listers, I know this was just covered, seems I did not read them or failed
>to remember them, I'm covering my floor boards and tranny cover with the
>heat/sound insulation from JCW, alum. on one side and fabric material on the
>other, for best results, which is down and do you prefer to glue it to the
>carpet or floor or leave it loose altogether.  Thanks  "FT"

Fred, If you have not already bought your insulation stuff you might
want to check out a double aluminum foil sided with plastic bubbles
in the middle.  My restorer guy swears by it.  There are two types, a
cheapo one from your local Home Depot that is prone to being
punctured by sharp heels and a much better type that has the aluminum
foil interlaced with fiberglass fibers.  My guy glues them to the
metal and uses an aluminum tape for the joints, then applies the
carpet over that.  I must say it really works to reduce heat and
noise.

Good Luck

--
Bill Pugh