Re: TR3 Seat Reupholstery Question

To: "Augustine, Richard S. \(LNG-SHEP\)" <Richard.Augustine@LexisNexis.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Seat Reupholstery Question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 17:45:47 -0700
I used 1/4 inch plywood I had laying around.  External plywood would be best
as it has water proof glue.  I also gave it about 5 coats of polyethelin.  I
used both staples and uphostry tacks.  The guy at the foam store said nobody
uses tacks anymore, but I think they will hold up better since the staples
may rust.  The staple gun is good for getting the material in place, and
makes it easier to tack it when you aren't aiming for your fingers.

Go ahead and get a good heavy duty stapler.  I've had mine for years and
find it comes in handy for many jobs. Of course you will also need a tack
hammer.  They have a magnetic claw that holds the tack for that first
strike.

Oh, and of course, if you don't have a pop riveter, you will to get one of
those to fasten the plywood to the seats and a hog ring pliers for the
covering on the seat cushions.  This job has lots of opportunities for new
tools, what could be better?

Bob