RE: GT6 rear brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 rear brakes
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:03:39 -0700
>I always wonder why someone would want self adjusting brakes at the rear,
>surely readjusting them every say 10k miles is not that much work, at the
>same time you can check if theres any leaks, everything is fine etc. I
>always found selfadjusting brakes a slight pain when they get older
>(breaking components defying the purpose) plus its more work when you want
>to pop off a drum. But then de gustibus non est disputandum eh?
Well, at this point I have four vehicles that require "adjusting" and the
truck has four per axle.  Yes four per axle, two each wheel.  It was worse
before I put front disks on because you had to adjust both axles.  That was
eight adjustments on just one vehicle alone.  I'd like to lighten the load
a little as I have better things to do than adjust brakes :-).  And the
prior vehicles I had them on worked perfectly-besides, if they are working
as designed, then braking is improved because the shoes are always at their
optimum condition (until they wear out that is :-}).