GT6 rear brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 rear brakes
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:57:18 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
The recent remarks regarding the GT6 rear brake drums got me thinking
(again).  I have the GT6 MKII rear brakes on the Spit, and always wondered
about getting a self adjusting set from the GT6 MKIII.  I just figured that
they would be too hard to find in a wrecking yard and just resigned to not
having self adjusters.  Since apparently one lister found out that the drum
is the same as the TR7 I was wondering if the entire back plate, brake assy
and drum would fit the earlier GT6 setup?  Knowing the way BL used as many
parts from existing sources, It would not be entirely out of the question
that they wouldn't fit.  Anybody done this??  I may be off to the breakers
to see what fits!