RE: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??

To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:33:08 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Just a little word of warning about platinum plugs.

If you burn a little oil, DON'T use platinum plugs.  Oil fouls those plugs
something awful.  I found out quite by accident on a TSV that burn a lot of
oil, the plugs lasted about two weeks.  The vehicle started to run terrible.
I checked everything else, replaced the wires, etc.  Just on a whim, I
checked my "new" plugs.  They were ashed almost completely across.  When I
promptly took them back to AutoZone, the clerk stated that it is a widely
known fact that you shouldn't use platinums if you burn oil.  I never heard
of it before.  And, to top it off, when my brother-in-law's S10 started
missing out last month, I asked him what kind of plugs he had.  Platinums.
It ran great when I had him change the plugs.  I don't use platinums in
anything now.  Everything I own burns at least a little oil!

This is just my personal experience.  YMMV

Bill Miller