Re: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, greenman62@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:28:42 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
>To: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
>CC: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??
>Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:15:41 -0400
>
>Greg,
>
>Thank for the Bosch part number.   You didn't say... but do you
think using
>Bosch platinum plugs  makes sense?  Or are these cars so roughly
lean/rich
>all the time that the plug gets beaten up too much?

    I ran the W7BPs for the better part of 14 years... Last year I
    switched over to NGKs when I got tired of hearing "there ain't
    no bosch platinums for a `62 TR4" from my local car parts
    distributor... Despite me showing him the bloody plug!

    To tell the truth, I can't tell any difference... Of course YMMV!

    Greg Petrolati

triumphs@autox.team.net
><triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Date: Sunday, April 18, 1999 4:00 PM
>Subject: Re: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??
>

>>>From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
>>>To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>>>Subject: TR4 Platinum Plugs ??
>>>Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:17:50 -0400
>>>
>>>Listers,
>>>
>>>I need new plugs for the rebuilt engine.   I would like to use
Bosch
>>>Platinum plugs.   Does anyone have information on the correct part#
>>>
>>>Brian Sanborn
>>
>>     I belive it's W7BP
>>
>>   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois