Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:25:21 -0400
Message text written by Jerry Oliver
>The TR4A Spare Parts manual says "Gearbox serial number, commencing at
CT50001" (page vii).  I believe the numbers coincided to the commission
numbers(???),<

I have seen the same thing.  I am not sure that there was the few thousand
gap in transmission numbers the way there was for the comm#'s in the transition
from 4 to 4A.

In addition, the transmission numbers did not change with the TR5/250 commission
numbers.  My TR6 transmission # is CD50XXX (don't remember off hand the number).

I am looking for a year-by-year (or more detailed) listing of transmission
numbers and (and, if possible, comm#).

Thanks for the info you passsed on!

-Tony