Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:05:06 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The TRF "blue book" has this:
"Gearbox serial numbers prior to 1972 were prefixed with the letters CD for
all models, and the numbering sequence continued the range of numbers that
was started for the TR250 and TR5. This same same numbering system was
continued for non-USA models right through the end, but beginning with the
1972 model year, gearbox numbers for USA models were prefixed with the
letters CC and the sequence began with the number CC75001."

I can confirm this for my car. I recall that my gearbox is a CD 'box, but
the numbers are recorded at home.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (22 year owner)