Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission Serial Numbers?
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:03:31 -0700
The TR4A Spare Parts manual says "Gearbox serial number, commencing at
CT50001" (page vii).  I believe the numbers coincided to the commission
numbers(???), but did not necessarily match. I had a tr6 transmission in
the car I'm restoring. I found a good 4A bare casing with a number that
would have been used slightly before my engine number. I used that case
when rebuilding the transmission. Jerry.