RE: 1974 TR6 Tires

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1974 TR6 Tires
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:34:10 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I am now in the process of purchasing a beautiful 1972 TR6 (I've given up
on overpriced TR3s).  The (WA) title for the car is on its way from the
seller's son in Okinawa!  (How do I get myself into these things?)  Anyway,
the tire situation has come up.  Some fool has put light truck tires on the
car, and they give a pretty hard ride.  I've been on the net, and have
found some tires that are the original size.  I don't want to go to a wider
tire, in that I'm tall and have to reduce the size of the steering wheel to
a 14" diameter (in order to comfortably hit the brake).  I'd like my wife
to be able to park the car without too much strain.

The tires I found are Vredestein 185 R-15.  They are "S" rated (112 mph)
and sell for $73.79 + shipping from Tires Unlimited in Ohio (you can find
them on the net).  Does anyone have any experience with these tires?  They
are made in Holland, and would appear to be a perfect "factory" size
replacement---without the horrendous expense of Redlines.

--Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com